Services & Help

When you contact the constituency office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.

What my Constituency Office can help you with:

  • Provide information on locating government services and contact information.
  • Assist in understanding government policies and services.
  • Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy.
  • Ensure due process is being followed.
  • Attend community events.
  • Accept petitions to present at the legislature. See here for petition guidelines.
  • Provide congratulatory and greeting messages.
  • Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access.
  • Work through issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies. However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with.

We can help you if:

  • You are a resident of the Esquimalt-Metchosin riding; and,
  • Your matter is with the provincial government.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You have, or need, to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
  • Your matter is pending before the courts.
  • The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct , please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

We are unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action.
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body.
  • Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature –such as Ombudsman, Police Complaints Commissioner, Representative for Child and Youth, and others.
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals.
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature.
  • Interfere with federal or municipal issues.
  • Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours.
  • Find constituents housing.
  • Find constituents employment.