Dean will serve under the direction of Minister of Finance Carole James and has the following responsibilities:
- ensuring gender equity is reflected in government budgets, policies and programs;
- co-ordinating cross-government action on gender issues, including gender violence, gender equality and women’s economic empowerment;
- tracking progress on the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women;
- liaising with feminist and women’s organizations; and
- promoting gender equity and leadership at senior levels in the public and private sector.